India West Indies Cricket NewsComprehensive Cricket News, Latest Information and Live ball-by-ball Commentary.
West Indies will play 3 ODIs against Pakistan during the Abudhabi tour starting November 12 2008.
Get the latest news of West Indies's 2008-09 Abu Dhabi Tour →
Pakistan v West Indies ODI Series 2008-09Schedule
West Indies will play 5 ODIs and 2 T20s followed by 2 Test matches during the New Zealand tour starting December 05, 2008.
Get the latest news of West Indies's 2008-09 New Zealand Tour →
West Indies vs New Zealand Cricket Series 2008-09Schedule
- Fri 5 - Sun 7, Dec 2008: Auckland v West Indians at Auckland
- Thu 11 - Mon 15, Dec 2008: 1st Test - New Zealand v West Indies at Dunedin
- Fri 19 - Tue 23, Dec 2008: 2nd Test - New Zealand v West Indies at Napier
- Fri 26, Dec 2008 (D/N): 1st Twenty20 - New Zealand v West Indies at Auckland
- Sun 28, Dec 2008 (D/N): 2nd Twenty20 - New Zealand v West Indies at Hamilton
- Wed 31, Dec 2008: 1st ODI - New Zealand v West Indies at Queenstown
- Sat 3, Jan 2009 (D/N): 2nd ODI - New Zealand v West Indies at Christchurch
- Wed 7, Jan 2009 (D/N): 3rd ODI - New Zealand v West Indies at Wellington
- Sat 10, Jan 2009: 4th ODI - New Zealand v West Indies at Auckland
- Tue 13, Jan 2009: 5th ODI - New Zealand v West Indies at Napier
ICC Twenty20 World Championship 2007
|World Twenty20 2007: WT20 2007 Cup Index Latest News Results Championship Schedule Groups & Points Twenty20 Teams Venues|
West Indies recall Pedro Collins for Twenty20 World Cup
The 31-year-old received the news shortly after returning to Barbados from a professional contract in Newcastle, England.
"I think my recall was long overdue," Collins told reporters. "I was being overlooked and I was wondering why." "I was waiting my turn to play for the West Indies again and now my turn has come. I'm delighted to be back in the team and I have a point to prove."
Left-handed batsman Narsingh Deonarine, who last played two years ago in Sri Lanka, was also recalled. The team will be led Ramnaresh Sarwan, who has recovered from a shoulder injury sustained on the recent tour of England. The West Indies begin the tournament against hosts South Africa at the Wanderers on Sept. 11.
West Indies Squad: Ramnaresh Sarwan (Captain), Chris Gayle, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Devon Smith, Marlon Samuels, Runako Morton, Denesh Ramdin, Dwayne Bravo, Darren Sammy, Dwayne Smith, Ravi Rampaul, Daren Powell, Fidel Edwards, Narsingh Deonarine, Pedro Collins.
- World Twenty20 Championships 2007 home
- World Twenty20 Tournaments home
- Latest News from 2020 cup
- World 20/20 Results
- World 20/20 Championship Schedule
- World 20/20 Groups & Points
- World Twenty20 Teams
- World 20/20 Venues
- Group A - 11 September: South Africa vs West Indies at Johannesburg
- Group A - 13 September: West Indies vs Bangladesh at Johannesburg
- Group A - 15 September: South Africa vs Bangladesh at Cape Town
West Indies Cricket News
Ramnaresh Sarwan appointed new West Indies captain
Sarwan has been placed on probation with strict performance targets. He will lead West Indies on tour to England next month. The tour continues to be shrouded in confusion after contractual talks between the board and West Indies Players Association (WIPA), recently broke down. The issue is now being overseen by arbitrators.
Born on June 23, 1980, Sarwan, who will be 27 in June this year, made his Test debut against Pakistan at Bridgetown in May, 2000. He made his one-day international debut in July of that year. He has played 65 Tests, scored 4268 runs at an average of 38.30. He has nine Test hundreds and 26 half centuries. His highest Test score is 261 not out. He has played 124 one-day internationals, scored 4099 runs at an average of 44.55. He has three ODI hundreds and 26 half centuries. His overall First-class aggregate is 159 matches for 9323 runs at an average of 37.14.
He has taken 23 Test wickets at an average of 45.30 per wicket. In ODIs, he has taken 12 wickets at an average of 39.33. The major teams that he has played for are the West Indies, Gloucestershire, Guyana was brought up in the South American rainforests around the Essequibo River. He took over as Brian Lara's vice-captain in March 2003.
ICC Cricket World Cup 2007
Super 8, Match 24, ENG vs WI: Lara bows out in a dramatic loss
West Indies earlier made 300 all out with Brian Lara run out for 18.
World Cup Super 8, Match 24, Barbados: West Indies 300 all out lost to England 301-9 by one wicket
Samuels included in West Indies World Cup squad
West Indies Cricket News from the Past..
- April 2007 : West Indies in ICC Cricket World Cup 2007
- January 2007 : West Indies in India ODI Cricket Series 2007
- ICC Special (Oct, Nov 2006) - West Indies' ICC Champions Trophy 2006 campaign
- September 2006 West Indies Cricket News
- July 2006 West Indies Cricket News
- June 2006 West Indies Cricket News
- May 2006 West Indies Cricket News
- February-April 2006 West Indies Cricket News
- 2005 West Indies Cricket News